2014/04/17

Juan Martin del Potro Says he Won’t Play Davis Cup in 2014

DelPotro 7 228

(February 17, 2014) Former US Open champion and current world No. 5 Juan Martin del Potro announced on Monday he would not be playing Davis Cup tennis for Argentina this year, he released  a statement.

“I will not be playing in the rest of the 2014 Davis Cup season,” said Del Potro.

“In November, I published a letter in which I expressed my disagreement with the hypocrisy surrounding the Davis Cup. Since then, nothing has changed. It has even got worse.”

Read the full translation of the press release here on the BATennisWorld site: http://www.batennisworld.com/del-potro-will-not-play-davis-cup-in-2014/

Argentina lost in the first round of the Davis Cup World group to Italy this year. The last time Del Potro represented Argentina in Davis Cup was back in 2012 in Buenos Aires. Argentina was defeated by the Czech Republic in the semifinals.

 

Share