RESULTS – Thursday, April 7, 2016
Singles Second Round
 Feliciano Lopez (Spain) d. Lukas Lacko (Slovakia) 7-6(1) 6-1
 Jack Sock (USA) d. [Q] Matthew Barton (Australia) 6-2 7-6(5)
 Marcos Baghdatis (Cyprus) d. Fernando Verdasco (Spain) 6-4 6-3
[WC] Tim Smyczek (USA) d. Donald Young (USA) 6-2 6-4
 Bob Bryan (USA) / Mike Bryan (USA) d. [WC] Reilly Opelka (USA) / Tommy Paul (USA) 6-4 6-3
Hyeon Chung (Korea) / Julio Peralta (Chile) d.  Philipp Petzschner (Germany) / Alexander Peya (Austria) walkover (Petzschner – right knee)
Victor Estrella Burgos (Dominican Republic) / Santiago Gonzalez (Mexico) d.  Eric Butorac (USA) / Scott Lipsky (USA) 6-4 7-6(4)
 Steve Johnson (USA) / Sam Querrey (USA) d. Chris Guccione (Australia) / Andre Sa (Brazil) 6-3 2-6 10-8
SCHEDULE – Friday, April 8, 2016
Center Court – 12:00 noon start
 Sam Querrey (USA) vs Juan Monaco (Argentina)
[WC] Tim Smyczek (USA) vs  Feliciano Lopez (Spain)
Not Before 4:00 pm
 Bob Bryan (USA) / Mike Bryan (USA) vs  Steve Johnson (USA) / Sam Querrey (USA)
Not Before 6:00 pm
 John Isner (USA) vs Hyeon Chung (Korea)
 Jack Sock (USA) vs  Marcos Baghdatis (Cyprus)
Court 3 – Not Before 7:00 pm start
After Suitable Rest – Victor Estrella Burgos (Dominican Republic) / Santiago Gonzalez (Mexico) vs Hyeon Chung (Korea) / Julio Peralta (Chile)
– Four Americans – John Isner, Tim Smyczek, Sam Querrey and Jack Sock – are though to the quarterfinals, the most at this event since 2012. As all four have different opponents Friday, a few different tournament milestones are possible:
4 Americans in semifinals – would be second time in Open Era, first since 1988
3 Americans in semifinals – would be sixth time in Open Era, first since 2002
2 Americans in semifinals – would be fourth time in five years
– Three former champions – Jack Sock (2015), John Isner (2013) and Juan Monaco (2012) – have reached the semifinals. This is the sixth time in the Open Era at this event that three former champs have reached the final eight, and the first time since 2005.
Should all three win Friday, it would be the third time in the Open Era three former champions reached the semifinals, and the first time since 1971.
Should two of them win Friday, it would be the 10th time in the Open Era at least two former champions reached the semifinals, and the first time since 2003.
– The three winningest active players this tournament are all into the quarterfinals – Sam Querrey (13-6), John Isner (12-7) and Juan Monaco (11-4).
– Juan Monaco is the winningest clay court player in the field. He boasts a 229-136 lifetime record on clay, and has won seven titles on the surface.
– Sam Querrey is looking to reach the semifinals at River Oaks for the third straight year. He has twice finished as runner-up (2010 and 2015).
– Feliciano Lopez has a career record of 405-369, and is one of only 13 active ATP players with over 400 career match wins.
– Tim Smyczek is appearing in his third career ATP World Tour quarterfinal. He is attempting to reach an ATP semifinal for the first time in his career.
– John Isner fired 24 aces in his second round win, a tournament record for a two-set match. That win on Wednesday was the 50th of his career on clay.
– Hyeon Chung, a 19-year-old from Korea, is bidding to reach his first career semifinal. His run marks the fourth time a teen has reached this tournament’s quarterfinals since it moved to Houston in 2001 (Andy Roddick – 2001 and 2002, Ryan Harrison – 2012). Chung is bidding to be the first teenager to reach this event’s semifinals since Roddick in 2002.
– Jack Sock, the defending champion, has won six straight matches at River Oaks. He is bidding to be the first back-to-back champion at this event since Andy Roddick in 2001-02.
– Marcos Baghdatis is one match away from reaching the 300-win milestone for his career.
– Bob & Mike Bryan are five-time champions here. The twin brothers from California are 34-8 in their career at this event.
FULL WEEK SCHEDULE
Grand Prix Hassan II
RESULTS – THURSDAY, 7 APRIL 2016
Singles – Second Round
 G. Garcia-Lopez (ESP) d N. Almagro (ESP) 16 63 64
 F. Delbonis (ARG) d T. de Bakker (NED) 64 64
 P. Carreno Busta (ESP) d D. Istomin (UZB) 63 76(5)
 J. Vesely (CZE) d [Q] N. Mektic (CRO) 67(4) 63 76(5)
Doubles – Semi-finals
M. Draganja (CRO) / A. Qureshi (PAK) d R. Bopanna (IND) / D. Istomin (UZB) 76(5) 76(5)
Doubles – Quarter-finals
G. Duran (ARG) / M. Gonzalez (ARG) d  M. Lopez (ESP) / D. Marrero (ESP) 64 64
 M. Pavic (CRO) / M. Venus (NZL) d A. Ramos-Vinolas (ESP) / J. Vesely (CZE) 64 63
atp world tour logo Full coverage on ATPWorldTour.com
atp world tour logo TV and streaming schedules on ATPWorldTour.com
Draws View tournament draws
SCHEDULE – FRIDAY, 8 APRIL 2016
CENTRE COURT start 11:00 am
A. Montanes (ESP) vs F. Bagnis (ARG)
 B. Coric (CRO) vs P. Mathieu (FRA)
 P. Carreno Busta (ESP) vs  F. Delbonis (ARG)
 G. Garcia-Lopez (ESP) vs  J. Vesely (CZE)
COURT 2 start 2:00 pm
 M. Pavic (CRO) / M. Venus (NZL) vs G. Duran (ARG) / M. Gonzalez (ARG)