Federer, Nadal and Melzer Elected to ATP Player Council
(August 8, 2019) ATP Tour – The ATP has announced that the following players have been elected to the ATP Player Council:
• 1-50 Singles: Rafael Nadal
• 1-100 Doubles: Jurgen Melzer
• At Large: Roger Federer
Nadal, Melzer and Federer were elected by the existing members of the Player Council to fill the roles vacated following the resignations of Robin Haase, Jamie Murray and Sergiy Stakhovsky prior to Wimbledon. They will begin their roles with immediate effect and will serve until the end of the existing term which runs through to Wimbledon 2020.
The position of Coach representative, following the resignation of Daniel Vallverdu, is to be determined in due course.
The next Player Council meeting is scheduled in New York prior to the US Open. The ATP Player Council is comprised of the following:
• 1-50 Singles: Kevin Anderson (VP), John Isner, Rafael Nadal, Sam Querrey
• 51-100 Singles: Yen-Hsun Lu, Vasek Pospisil
• 1-100 Doubles: Jurgen Melzer, Bruno Soares
• At Large: Novak Djokovic (P), Roger Federer
• Alumni: Colin Dowdeswell
• Coach: TBD