2020 BNP PARIBAS OPEN – STATEMENT REGARDING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
March 6, 2020
Following the direction and guidance of Dr. David Agus, Professor of Medicine and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Southern California, and Martin Massiello, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Eisenhower Health, the BNP Paribas Open is taking action to continue prioritizing the health and safety of the fans, athletes, and everyone involved with the tournament.
First and foremost, any patron that has purchased tickets directly from the tournament may request a refund for the 2020 tournament, or a credit for the 2021 tournament. Patrons can click the button below to request a refund or credit.
Additional actions include:
- More than 250 hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the facility
- Players will be required to manage their own towel on court and ball kids will not touch or move player towels. A chair will be placed at the back of the court for them to place their towel on for usage during the match.
- Ball kids will wear gloves
- Restaurant and food supply workers will wear gloves
- Volunteers taking tickets at entrances will wear gloves
- N95 masks are being secured for first aid and health personnel to be prepared for any circumstances that would necessitate the use thereof
- Organized player and fan interaction will be limited at the tournament
- All common areas throughout the facility will be cleaned daily with an antiviral application
- Coordinating with local hospital and CDC approved testing for all individuals with symptoms
Further actions are being considered and evaluated on a daily basis in order to continue to ensure the safety of everyone associated with the event.