USTA – FLUSHING, N.Y., Aug. 19, 2021 – The United States Tennis Association (USTA) and hospitality partner Levy announced the celebrity chef partners of the 2021 US Open, and the eclectic and expansive dining options that will be available across the grounds this year. Following a US Open held without spectators on site in 2020, the 2021 US Open tournament will welcome back fans with an unparalleled dining experience curated by the USTA and Levy serving up chef-driven, elevated menus and favorite homegrown New York dining experiences to fans across the Food Village, multiple on-site restaurants, and concessions areas near all courts.
Joining the US Open chef roster for the first time is NYC Michelin-starred Chef Alex Guarnaschelli who will introduce a new restaurant concept, Fare by Alex Guarnaschelli. Located in the South Plaza of the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, Fare offers a new Mediterranean-inspired dining experience, open to all US Open guests. No reservations are needed.
Also new in 2021, celebrity chef Josh Capon will introduce a new concept, Fly Fish @ Oyster Bar, offering a selection of lobster rolls, ceviche and poke with beverages in two locations – one on Grandstand Food Village and the second at Arthur Ashe Stadium.
The US Open food experience brings the taste of New York to fans from across the country and the world. From pizza and tacos to Asian and hearty grains, the food options at the 2021 US Open reflect the vibrancy and culture of New York City. Based in Harlem, James Beard award-winner JJ Johnson returns with local favorite, Fieldtrip, located in the US Open Food Village. Other NYC local restaurants include Pat LaFrieda Meat Co., Los Tacos No. 1 (new in 2021), San Matteo NYC (new in 2021), Korilla BBQ, Poke Yachty, and others. [Stuf’d, Urbun, Stacked— all new in 2021].
“The US Open food experience is second to none as we bring the bold flavors of New York for fans from around the world to enjoy during this world-class tournament,” said Danny Zausner, Chief Operating Officer, USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. “We will offer fans a mix of new concepts and returning favorites and we are proud to support and spotlight the New York food scene here at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.”
Food Village & Concessions
Eataly (new in 2021): Focused on providing high quality, sustainable products for all, Eataly is the largest Italian retail and dining experience in the world, transforming the way consumers experience food, beverage and culture.
- Tagliatelle Bolognese
- Prosciutto & Mozzarella
Los Tacos No. 1 (new in 2021): Los Tacos No. 1 was created after three close friends from Tijuana, Mexico, and Brawley, California, decided to bring the authentic Mexican taco to the East Coast. The authentic taste comes from family recipes and from fresh, simple and tasteful ingredients straight from home. In every taco from Los Tacos No. 1, there is a bit of true Mexican culture and flavor.
- Carne Asada Tacos
- Pollo Asado Tacos
- Adobada Pork Tacos
- Nopal Cactus Tacos
Stuf’d (new in 2021): Based in Brooklyn and serving a variety of Stuf’d gourmet sandwiches.
- The Ace – Garlic buttered Texas toast with braised, pulled chicken breast tossed in house BBQ aioli and Colby Jack cheese
- The Corned Beef – Garlic buttered Texas toast with corned beef caramelized in a strong ground mustard and swiss cheese
Stacked Sandwich Shop (new in 2021): Local to Forest Hills, Queens, Stacked brings sandwiches and salads using only the best ingredients.
- Vegan Muffuletta
- Stacked OG
- The Rueben
- Kale Caesar with roasted chicken
San Matteo NYC (new in 2021): With multiple Manhattan locations, San Matteo NYC brings the tradition and expertise of Neapolitan pizza from Salerno, Italy to the US Open for the first time.
Pat LaFrieda’s: New York’s finest meatsand fresh produce return to US Open concessions:
- Filet Mignon Steak Sandwich
- Prime Rib Sandwich
- Roasted Chicken Sandwich
‘Wichcraft: Carefully sourced, thoughtfully prepared, clean food. Award-winning Chef Tom Colicchio’s ‘Wichcraft brings its hand-crafted sandwiches and salads to US Open concessions this year including:
- Grilled Flank Steak and Kale Sandwich: Flank steak, sautéed kale, aged cheddar roasted red peppers, garlic dressing, pressed ciabatta
- Roasted Turkey & Avocado: Roasted turkey, avocado, bacon, balsamic onion relish, aioli, toasted ciabatta
- Grilled Chicken & Spicy Slaw: Grilled chicken, avocado, coleslaw, sweet chili sambal, crema, toasted ciabatta
- Chopped Chickpea and Roasted Pepper Sandwich (Vegan): Chopped Chickpea, olive tapenade, roasted red peppers, cucumber, arugula, lemon vinaigrette, toasted ciabatta
- Grilled Chicken & Avocado Salad
- Sweet Corn & Tomato Salad
- Kombucha Ice Pop
FIELDTRIP: Acclaimed Chef JJ Johnson’s innovative Harlem restaurant FIELDTRIP will serve its worldly heirloom rice bowls to all fans in its Food Village location, including:
- Chicken Bowl: Crispy Fried or Grilled Chicken, Carolina Gold Fried Rice, Sticky BBQ sauce
- Braised Beef Bowl: Texas Brown rice with spicy black beans, turmeric yogurt, and braised beef
- Veggie Bowl: Jollof Basmati Rice, Roasted Broccoli, Vegan Cucumber Yogurt, Nana’s Bread
- Salmon Bowl: China Black Pineapple Fried Rice
- Cornmeal Crusted Cod: Herbed Rice, Tartar Sauce
- City Cobb Salad: Marinated Chicken, Boston Bibb Lettuce, Edamame, Zesty Ranch, Carrot Chile Dip, Mozzarella Cheese, Crunchy Yucca Rice, Avocado
- Quinoa Bao Buns: Veggie Patty, Avocado Cilantro Sauce, Creamy Mozzarella, Yucca Chips
Oakberry: The trendiest place to satisfy those looking for lighter options, acai bowls, will be served with fans’ choice of toppings including fresh fruit and granola
Fuku: Momofuku Chef and Founder David Chang’s fried chicken shop returns in multiple locations featuring spicy chicken sandwiches, craveable tenders and fries, and more, including the Double Chicken Burger.
Hill Country Barbecue: A New York favorite and staple at the US Open for several years returns with signature house-smoked meats and BBQ sides:
- Pulled Pork Sandwich: Hill Country’s signature smoked, pulled pork and BBQ sauce
Korilla BBQ & Poke Yachty: Both Korilla and Poke Yachty are featured in Food Village, serving their signature take on Korean BBQ and fresh fish bowls:
- KBOP Rice Bowl – Bulgogi, Chicken, Pulled Pork or Spicy Tofu
URBUN (new in 2021): Baos and boba teas from this new addition to Backyard x17 will delight with an array of refreshing teas and mouth-watering bao buns.
- Classic Pork Belly Bun
- Fried Eggplant Bun
- Pork Dumplings
- Classic Milk Tea
- Strawberry Matcha Milk Tea
Le Chef Paul’s Creperie: Chef Paul Denamiel’s fresh-made sweet and savory crepes will wow fans:
- Le Classic: Jambon Blanc, grated Emmental cheese, Mornay sauce
- La Banane: Sliced bananas and chocolate
Curry Kitchen: A US Open staple, Curry Kitchen returns serving up Kati Roll Wraps, Lamp Handi, Tandoori Chicken, Samosa, Naan Bread and more.
Melt Bakery: Hand-made ice cream cookie sandwiches made fresh daily, including two new flavors this year:
- Cinnamax: Snickerdoodles with cinnamon ice cream
- Evil Twin: Chocolate chip cookies with chocolate ice cream
Celebrity Chefs & On-Site Restaurants
Fare by Alex Guarnaschelli (new in 2021): New to the US Open, experience Fare by Alex Guarnaschelli. Enjoy a seasonal menu of greenmarket-inspired dishes from world-renowned Chef Alex while overlooking the fountains of the South Plaza.
Champions by Benjamin Steakhouse: One of New York’s top steakhouses takes over Champions this year, serving expertly-prepared steaks, chops, seafood and traditional steakhouse sides in Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Mojito by David Burke: The menu will be a Cuban-Asian-American fusion spot and is located on the ground floor of Arthur Ashe Stadium near the Heineken Red Star Patio Cafe.
ACES: Michelin Star recipient Chef Ed Brown and Masaharu Morimoto once again team up to dazzle diners at the US Open’s pre-eminent seafood stop. Guests can expect amazingly fresh, delicately prepared fish and unparalleled, hand-crafted maki.
Fly Fish: Chef Josh Capon returns with iconic lobster rolls, poke, ceviche oysters, and more at two Fly Fish concessions locations.
Louis Armstrong Stadium Concessions
Louis Armstrong stadium offers an incredible selection of cuisines and dining environments at concessions housed in the stadium, including:
- OMG Tacos
- Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream
- Franks & Fries
- Grand Slam Grill
- Grey Goose Bar
- Heineken Bar
- Korilla BBQ
- Stacked Sandwich Shop (new for 2021)
- San Matteo NYC (new for 2021)
- Pat LaFrieda Meat Co.
- Kim Crawford Wine Bar: The official wine of the US Open will #MakeARacket at the Kim Crawford wine bar and several wine kiosks located throughout the grounds. In addition, their signature Frosé will be served at their main bar located in the Food Village.
- Grey Goose® Honey Deuce: The official cocktail of the US Open
- Grey Goose® Frozen Honey Deuce: A frozen twist on the official cocktail of the US Open will be served at multiple locations including the Food Village, Grandstand, and Amex Lounge located in Louis Armstrong Stadium.
- Lavazza: Lavazza returns with the Cookie Crema-espresso, a new special treat made with coffee sorbet and served in an edible cookie cup, available at their Food Village location
- Pineapple Green Tea (Poke Yachty): A tropical twist on green tea
- Strawesome Lemonade (Korilla BBQ)
- Boba Tea (Urbun): Rose Milk Tea – Rose, milk assam black tea, tapioca pearls
Facts & Figures
- The US Open attracts more than 700,000 fans throughout the course of the tournament
- US Open Executive Chef Jim Abbey and a culinary team of 250 prepare cuisine across seven restaurants, 60 concession stands and 90 suites
- The US Open will serve approximately:
- 750,000 melon balls
- 90,000 pounds of beef
- 9,000 pounds of lobster
- 7.5 tons of crab, shrimp and lobster
- 400,000 individual berries
- 225,000 hamburgers and hot dogs
- 85,000 pounds of poultry
- 12.5 tons of lettuce
- 66,000 bananas
- 35,000 pounds of tomatoes
- 7,000 specialty tennis ball cookies
For more information on this year’s US Open food options, please visit usopen.org.