WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., July 20, 2022 – The USTA today announced that US Open Fan Week will return in 2022, after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The free weeklong tennis and entertainment celebration will take place at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, the home of the US Open, Tuesday, August 23, to Sunday, August 28.
During US Open Fan Week attendees can experience the sights and sounds of the US Open at no cost. This includes the opportunity to see world-class tennis as players compete in the US Open Qualifying Tournament to secure a spot in the US Open Main Draw. Last year, Emma Raducanu started her journey to the US Open Women’s Singles Champion during the Qualifying Tournament. In addition, tennis enthusiasts will be able to watch the best players in the world, from just steps away, practice in the lead-up to the final Grand Slam event of the year – a fan experience unique to the US Open.
Included in US Open Fan Week will be:
- US Open Qualifying Tournament: Featuring 128 men and 128 women competing for the final 16 spots in both main draws, the tournament takes place Tuesday, August 23, to Friday, August 26 throughout the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
- US Open Legends Match: Fans will have the opportunity to see past US Open Champions Andy Roddick, Kim Clijsters, James Blake and Lindsay Davenport in an exhibition match in the Grandstand on Tuesday, August 23 at 7:00pm ET.
- Featured Practices: Top men’s and women’s competitors will take part in featured practices in the Grandstand throughout the week, with entertainment and music for fans in attendance bringing even more excitement. Practices will take place throughout the week, with the schedule updated daily and available at USOpen.org.
- Arthur Ashe Stadium Experience: A limited number of fans will be able to access Arthur Ashe Stadium each day to view player practices in the US Open’s main stadium, and get an inside look at the biggest stage in tennis. Fans will be able to register for this opportunity via Fan Pass – more details on Fan Pass can be found on USOpen.org. The Arthur Ashe Stadium Experience will be available throughout the week.
- Net Generation Kids’ Zone presented by Emirates: At the Net Generation Kids’ Zone presented by Emirates, located at Backyard Court 17, fans of all ages can play in a range of fun sports activities, featuring six sports, including tennis. The Kids’ Zone introduces fans to the USTA’s American Development Model: a multi-sport approach to building tomorrow’s future athletes and tennis greats. The Kids’ Zone will be open for the entirety of Fan Week.
- Flavors of the Open: A new event for 2022, “Flavors of the Open” will give food-lovers the opportunity to experience the wide-ranging culinary offerings of the US Open. Taking place in Arthur Ashe Stadium on Thursday, August 25 at 7:00pm ET, the event will also feature appearances by world-class chefs and tennis luminaries, and will give those in attendance exclusive access to an evening practice featuring marquee players. Please note this is a ticketed event to benefit the USTA Foundation.
- US Open Media Day: The biggest stars from the WTA and ATP tours will participate in US Open Media Day on Friday, August 26 at 11:00am ET. For the first time, a portion of the event will be completely focused on the fans, with those in attendance at Arthur Ashe Stadium being able to hear directly from the players as they answer a variety of questions and talk about getting ready for the 2022 US Open. Fans must register for this event via Fan Pass.
- Chase Sound Check Concert: Taking place on the Fan Week Center Stage on Friday, August 26, those in attendance will be able to enjoy live music on the grounds of the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. In 2019, the Chase Sound Check featured appearances by LANY and Leon Bridges. This year’s musical guest will be announced at a later date.
- Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day: Celebrating the life and legacy of tennis and cultural icon Arthur Ashe, Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day will once again return in 2022, taking place on Saturday, August 27 at 9:30am ET. Tennis fans of all ages will be able to experience a variety of tennis, music and other activities throughout the grounds of the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. Additional special appearances will be announced at a later date.
- Holiday Inn® Kids Eat Free: Kids eat free at Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts – and at Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day and US Open Fan Week, too! The Holiday Inn brand will provide free meal vouchers to kids 12 and under (limit two per family).
The 2022 US Open Main Draw will take place August 29 to September 11.